Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Butterfly Math

Posted by

Little Boy loves math. He likes other subjects, but math is his #1. So I try to work in some extra math activities once in awhile.

I printed out this butterfly number matching game from Along the Way. I liked what she did with it, and I had Little Boy do something similar.


I hung these butterflies from the counter on one side of the room. Little Boy had to "catch" a butterfly with a little net and count the spots on the butterfly.


Then he had to run to the other side of the room and match the butterflies with the right flower. [I've been trying to find ways to add more movement to some of our activities--using up Little Boy energy is always a good thing.]

And what did he think of it?


I think he liked it. That's a happy little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...