Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Learning is Fun

Posted by

We recently (at the beginning of the school year) joined an online charter school. It requires a lot of us. I like it because it keeps us on track. But when we slack off a little, I feel like we are just doing boring worksheets and skipping all the fun. I decided that we need to bring the fun back.
So, for the next week, I am trying my best at doing the fun projects and not just the mandatory things. I figure since we school all year long, it will work out.
I'm hoping to take pictures of some of the fun we are having. So expect short post with fun ideas/pictures!!!

Today, we went on a shape nature walk. We went out and found different shapes we are learning about in nature. We noticed that some leaves are oval shapes. We noticed that there were diamond shapes in the bark of trees. I love using our imagination and thinking outside the box..

Today we are also making buildings. We made bricks out of clay yesterday and are going to use the dried "bricks" to build a house! I'm excited and will make sure to take pictures to post!

My motto has always been "learning should be fun." Sometimes I forget and it's so hard for even me to do school. So.. Here's to fun!!

What are some of the things that you do to make everyday learning more fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...