Friday, January 7, 2011

Building Our Home Library

Posted by

My local library has been fundraising for a long time. They're trying to fund a new building. And as part of their fundraising, they've been selling used books.

I wouldn't buy a used book, even if it costs a few cents, if I didn't think we'd read it. Most of the books there fall under that category.

But once in awhile, when I look really carefully, I'll find something that I MUST HAVE ON MY SHELF.



Like these, for example. I've also picked up Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (yeah, it's the British edition), James and the Giant Peach, and The Indian in the Cupboard. For 25 cents each!

These are books that, of course, Little Boy is too young to read. But Isaac and I will read them now, and when Little Boy's old enough, I want to have some good books around that he can dig into. I think we're off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...